Escape…

 



And I dream of myself 

On a quite little shore, 

Away from the bustle, 

The heavy traffic’s roar. 


This sanctuary of grains, 

That slip through my fingers,

As I dig in my toes, 

And the sea wind lingers. 


The lights of red and green eclipsed 

By the yellow of patience to remind; 

That I still have and hold a little bit of me 

The part of me, to which I must be kind… 


The blaring horns and blinking lights, 

Fade away into familiar vapour, 

More pure than smog or dark, deep smoke,

No pristine view obstructed now by a looming  skyscraper. 


And I sink into the sand bit by bit, 

The waves kiss my toes and more, 

This gorgeous dream of sunshine and air 

Only interrupted by the occasional snore… 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 57th Day

Hades’ Lament (when you’re a fan of Greek myth romances)

A fairy tale tragedy