The Final Warmth (dedicated to death)

 


And I shed my skin. 


You burn away these mortal layers, 

Even as the skies grow greyer


And I shed my fears. 


As your skin breathes into mine 

And these limbs, they curve and intertwine.  


And I shed this bony cage. 


The bone-white and tired tissues now laid bare 

For this passion demands an answering prayer. 


And I shed these veins of red. 


The cold and cruelty outside my window,  now gone. 

as I lay in your arms, on an early December morn. 


And I shed this last barrier


I yield and I succumb to your insidious heat, 

And hear my heart reply, with its intense passionate beat… 



All yours, I am now. 

This body, heart and soul. 

And I’m gladly engulfed by your darkness,  

the warmth you give in exchange, 

 for the life that you stole… 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 57th Day

Hades’ Lament (when you’re a fan of Greek myth romances)

A fairy tale tragedy