Siren Song of a Serial Killer (inspired by Dexter and Silas - the murderous monk)

 



Liquid fog that clouds my vision, 

Or is it just my acid tears? 

They no longer bother me, I thought. 

Buried with everything I fear… 


The power of life - of giveth and taketh 

No longer the decision of a flawed lord, 

To birth and nurture is well and good 

Yet its mundaneness makes me terribly bored. 


My joy lies not in your amiable smile 

I dig much deeper; to your bones and blood

I’d rather release the little red corpuscles 

And watch the flow turn into a  heavy flood. 


The floors, when stained with dark red and matted brown, 

Is where I’d gladly walk barefoot and proud,

The silence that follows the release of a soul

Such a relief from the ordinary and the loud… 


The first time is always difficult, they say, 

To put your fingers around living flesh and squeeze, 

Yet it’s a service I’d performed gladly enough; 

A true benediction I’d receive on my knees… 


Those fundamental flaws in your soul - I can see 

To fix them, perhaps my divine right ? 

A devil you say? A deviant? A criminal too? 

Why I’m here to show you the light! 


For I alone can unsheathe the mirror, 

Tear at the doors of the cocoon you’ve built. 

I alone can deliver your from your sins 

Your shame, your anger, your insidious guilt. 


At night, and even in the morning light

I swear, to reach you I will find a way… 

Those acid tears and your salty skin 

The final sob will not be lost… 


when at long last you begin to pray… 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 57th Day

Hades’ Lament (when you’re a fan of Greek myth romances)

A fairy tale tragedy