A very Greek Adventure (circa 2018)

 


Shimmering sands of black and silver 

Cover my sandal, my feet and linger, 

Those needy little beads of sea and kelp

Slip through my palms, even as they cling to my finger… 



As the Aegean kisses the sun-warmed shore

The moon, it rises as a goddess of yore 

All sensual and salty, as beautiful as she is 

Of herself, she will give only so much and no more… 


The cooling sands, now tickle my toes 

And I know that at last, it is time to let go 

As the fishermen must eventually reject the waves’ sway 

I too, must return home at the end of the day… 


The sands, they fall and scatter in the wind, 

And I sigh and reluctantly come into myself 

This mad Greek adventure of land and sea 

Has paid reparations of peace and belonging to me… 


 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 57th Day

Hades’ Lament (when you’re a fan of Greek myth romances)

A fairy tale tragedy