The Time Thief
Come my precious, come to me.
Let me unwind all that can be.
Peace and laughter and contentment divine
No good to me, for on your sorrow I dine.
Did you imagine a life of glee
That from melancholy, you could flee?
Let me disabuse you of that notion
Let me hand you my peculiar potion.
Of betrayal, hatred, dishonesty and slights,
Let me make wrong all that was right.
Your dreams to ashes, your soul to cinder,
A fire birthed by very worthy tinder.
Compassion is for ‘pansies’, you know?
Abuse and gross neglect, is how I grow.
A tyrant am I, feeding on human depression
Oh how lovely it is to witness your oppression.
A soul? A heart? What good are those?
Family values only for the world of K. Jo’s.
A crying child, a distraught spouse
Let me turn your home into a savaged house.
My selfish endeavour is noble indeed,
I gladly accept the evil seed.
Like a chameleon I change at my slightest whim.
Reach out to me not, your chances are slim.
I once was human or convinced others so.
But now I scorn kindness, I’m your greatest foe.
No love greater than the love of me.
Your tears don’t move me, can’t you see?
Point out my sins, how dare you?
I’ll teach you a lesson with my number 10shoe.
A punch to the head, a kick to the shins.
And that’s just how your punishment will begin.
A little bit of blood is as acceptable as rain.
Ask me more questions and I’ll do it again.
Accuse me of abuse, of playing a game?
Rise and see that you only have yourself to blame.
What of those promises of years ago?
Where did I swear that your line I’d toe?
A decade of memories, all lies and folly
I’ll forget it all, at the whiskey trolley.
Guilt is for losers, polite language for scum
An occasional expletive is what flavours my rum.
You loved me you said? In spite of what I’ve done?
Congratulations darling, you’ve handed me a (loaded) gun.
I’ll use it now to finish this tedious job.
I’m more moved by online intrigue than your offline sob.
I’ll take away your life, your love of rhyme.
But above all, I’ll ensure you never win back your time.
The time thief am I, I will waste your years.
Replace all you could be with unending tears.
You wanted family, laughter, happy talk?
Let me still the movements of that delusional clock.
I’m only teaching you a lesson, my dear girl,
Life is not all romance and rainbow swirls.
I’m doing you a favour, you will thank me later.
To destroy other people is what makes us greater.
Comments