Hades’ lament Persephone, O maiden fair, Turn to me and show me you care The lord of death, though I am My immortal power is only a sham. Corpses I rule, and corpulent beasts, My table overflows with inedible feasts, Muddy waters and waves of the Styx, Despair beyond what I can fix. So come to me bride, accept my offer, Take this pomegranate and fill my heart’s coffers. Darkness I command, as I would your heart The absence of you, daily tears me apart. Spring and summer, the seasons of sadness, The sun sets too slowly and I descend into madness. You did not forsake me, return to me my dove A rape so gentle, was only a token of my love. I had to have you, hell’s throne beckoned. You were always my first and no place for a second. Everlasting though I am, of Father Cronos born, I have no strength left, when your love from me is shorn. Autumn and winter, make haste for your mas...
Comments