Drowned in the shallows

 




Battered seas, lashing waves, 

Swim for dear life 

As the mad-woman raves. 



Who will save my soul? 

On this dark-filled night, 

Who will rescue me from my watery plight? 


I gasp, I squirm, I sink and drown, 

In the melancholy tears 

That soak my face, ruin my gown. 



This siren song for a life utterly lost 

Like shimmering fog on water 

As the little dinghy tossed. 


On restless waters and liquid grays 

The currents relentless, 

Yet my courage chooses to stay. 


A lighthouse I spy with my naked eye, 

A shining beacon of hope, 

My last request before I die… 


Pluck my soul from its sodden grave 

Find warmth for my spirit 

Keep the cold at bay. 


All I’ve asked for is love forevermore 

Grant me this wish 

Before I reach the Styx’s shore. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 57th Day

Hades’ Lament (when you’re a fan of Greek myth romances)

A fairy tale tragedy