Walking away….

 Darling you’ve lost 

Your game is at an end 

You’ve played it well 

But to you, 

No longer I bend. 


You caused great suffering 

And heartache and pain 

But I’ve regained my equilibrium 

While you turn further insane. 


This stain will be forgotten 

The wounds will fade 

I’ll move on and move up 

While you stay on in junior grade. 


You thought to break me? 

You thought I was weak? 

That I would lie down to your violence

That I would submit without a squeak?


The tables have turned my love 

The hunter turns prey 

Your blue and white clouds 

Will now transform to grey. 


Your soul - if it ever existed 

Is destined for hell

Return to your cave now 

Shield yourself in your  fragile shell. 


Your strength turns out to be 

Your one great weakness 

Your talent with your fists 

Your main cause for stress. 


Yet I know that your machismo 

Is just another front 

As fake as fake can be 

Like your fake male grunt 



Am I to blame for your failings as a man?

Am I to blame for your tiny member? 

While you ranted and raved the years through,

I waited for the liberating air of December. 



I see you now, I see you clear; 

And it’s not just me but Karma too. 

Already I feel my memories of you die

And I know I’ll never again recognise you. 


Like autumn leaves you will fall and wither 

And I’ll count my blessings and my lucky star, 

That I escaped, that I survived, that I lived; 

In spite of your best efforts to keep my sanity afar. 


So farewell my darling, 

May we never meet again 

May our future meetings be decided 

By an ‘if’ and not a ‘when’?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 57th Day

Hades’ Lament (when you’re a fan of Greek myth romances)

A fairy tale tragedy