Madness

 Madness 


Mad, am I? 

A child of tears. 

A soul born of darkness 

And unconquered fears. 


Flickering lights 

Nothing substantial, 

The more I seek 

The more I lose....


Deceitful light 

Turning copper to gold

Forcing a bid 

On what should never be sold. 


Mad, am I? 

To risk my precarious hold 

 On self preservation and sanity,

For the greatest lie ever told. 


Trust in the lights, he said

Let them be your guide, 

Follow the glimmers 

And salvage your pride. 


Mad, am I? 

For I cannot see my path 

The lights grow dim 

And I stagger and fall...


A scraped knee,

And an ego bruised, 

What can I ever gain?

When my talent is to lose.


Mad, am I? 

To seek the bright 

When eternal darkness 

Seems my only birthright. 


Clawing and dragging 

Into the great void 

A tiny little push.... 


Mad, am I ?

The chasm beckons me 

Seduces my soul 

With the promise of free. 


Yield, I want to; 

Sink without a fight, 

Why quarrel with that 

Which is as inevitable as night?


Mad, am I? 

Because I’ve cut myself off 

Dismembered my heart 

Before at me it scoffs. 


No longer a hostage 

To the rules of sane 

I’ll find my freedom 

In madnesses’ domain. 


Mourn for me not. 

Not a single tear let flow

For I came as a captive 

And now I freely go. 


Mad, am I? 

A thousand times, yes.  

I chose madness over sorrow 

And t’is my last confess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 57th Day

Hades’ Lament (when you’re a fan of Greek myth romances)

A fairy tale tragedy