Ghost

 Ghost 



Hollowed out eyes and tired wrists 

Incessant gossip and kahani main twist


Hours as a spectre I hover above,

Barely touching life and it’s fleshy sprouts. 

Sheer curtains and half dimmed lights 

Restrict my being, my very sight. 


A half lived life in chase of love

Betrayal and misery go hand in glove. 

The screams and cries that I’d ignore 

Are here with me, at my very door. 


I pretend I can’t hear them, not even a squeak

All guilt and remorse, the lot of the weak. 

My strength allows for a lie or two,

She won’t look at me the same, what can I do?


Her loss I say, her petty path in life, 

Let her be my indignant, my angry, bitter wife. 

Her footprints don’t have to be the only ones on my sand; 

I can find a thousand clones, in the market of second hand. 


A piece of glass can shine like a diamond,you know?

When I raise it to the light either high or low. 

I can pretend I am loved, and that I am wanted beyond reason. 

Yet why do I feel myself fading with each season? 


The boy I used to be, the man I became, 

The air I once breathed, doesn’t taste at all the same. 

Crumbling castles and colours that bleed; 

Distortions of reality, why would truth anyone need? 


An eerie fog surrounds me now ,

Fleeting whispers of love in my ears,

Why do they ring more false than true? 

Why do they instead, stoke my fears? 


This is my path, my wish, my desire

To abandon my hearth for an alien fire. 

Why then do I lose a piece of me everyday?

Turning into a spirit without a place to haunt and stay? 


Humans - I can see them - bound to their homes. 

Tied to their existence as miserable as gnomes;

Yet a home they have and a suitcase unpacked.... 

These are things I never truly considered I lacked.


A ghost I shall be, scorning contentment,

Let her hold on to her suspicions and resentment. 

A disembodied half life I will happily lead...



A pretense of happiness never killed anyone,

I’ll continue this way till I close my eyes to the sun. 

Falsehoods, and lies and deceit is best, 

For I’m sure I won’t return once I’m laid to rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 57th Day

Hades’ Lament (when you’re a fan of Greek myth romances)

A fairy tale tragedy